Mar 18, 2017
TUCSON, Ariz. – The Illinois Tech baseball team played its final game of the Spring trip to Arizona on Saturday, losing 8-1 to Macalester College.
- Macalester: 8 runs, 9 hits, 0 errors
- Tech: 1 run, 9 hits, 5 errors
How It Happened
- Zachary Dickey hit a sacrifice fly to centerfield to bring in DJ Rybski, giving the Hawks a 1-0 lead in the top of the first.
- The Scots quickly answered in the bottom of the first, scoring four runs on four hits, with one man left on base.
- Macalester put the game out of reach in the third, scoring four runs on three hits. The Hawks committed two errors in the frame.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shortstop Tyler Tucker had the hot hand at the plate, going 3-for-5.
- Dickey had the only RBI for the Hawks, going 1-for-3 at the plate.
- Kyle Bumpass pitched three innings; giving up eight hits, striking out four, and walking none.
Stats to Know
- Hawks pitchers gave up only one walk, one less than the Scots who had two.
- Tech left 11 players on base compared to seven for Macalester.
- Both teams had nine hits.
- The Scarlet Hawks will head home to play a doubleheader against Wisconsin Lutheran on Saturday, March 25 at Ed Glancy Field. The games are slated to begin at 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.