Nov 29, 2017
PLATTEVILLE, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's basketball team trekked north on Wednesday evening to take on UW-Platteville. Tech fell to the Pioneers 89-54 to move to 4-2 on the season.
How it Happened
- The Pioneers scored on their first possession of the contest, setting a tone for the first half. Illinois Tech struggled offensively early on, allowing the Pioneers to build an 11-point advantage with 11:47 remaining in the first half.
- UW-P's lead reached as high as 19 in the first half, but the Scarlet Hawks were able to trim the lead to 13 (45-32) at halftime.
- The Platteville lead only increased in the second half as the Scarlet Hawk offense continued to struggle. The Pioneers outscored the Scarlet Hawks 44-22 in the second half en route to the victory.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Jake Digiorgio led the Scarlet Hawks with a double-double of 18 and 10.
- Malik Howze scored 12 points on 7-of-8 free throw shooting.
Stats to Know
- Tonight marks the first time Tech has lost consecutive games since January 7 and 10 of last season.
- The loss is Tech's largest margin of defeat since February 6, 2016, when the Hawks fell 119-59 at Monmouth.
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Michigan on Saturday to oppose Albion College. The game is set to tip at 3:00 p.m. eastern time.