MILWAUKEE, Wis. – On Saturday, the Illinois Tech men's basketball team traveled to Wisconsin to oppose the Raiders of Milwaukee School of Engineering for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) contest. The Scarlet Hawks (3-5, 1-3 NACC) were downed by the Raiders (7-1, 3-1 NACC) 63-55.
How it Happened
- It was a back-and-forth contest early on, with the Scarlet Hawks taking the first lead of greater than one possession on a Jake Digiorgio lay-up at the 13:10 mark (14-10).
- Digiorgio's basket was a part of a 7-0 run for Tech, ending in a 19-10 lead with 12:09 left in the half. It would be Illinois Tech's largest lead, as the Scarlet Hawks were held scoreless for the next six minutes.
- Tech's offensive struggles allowed MSOE to pull ahead and take a 34-30 halftime lead. While the Scarlet Hawks were able to pull to back within one early in the half, the Raiders largely controlled the scoreboard and managed to maintain the lead for the entirety of the half.
- With Tech still within striking distance late, the Raiders were sent to the foul line after possessions that featured points from Digiorgio and Ahmad Muhammad. MSOE converted most of those attempts to ice the contest.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Digiorgio willed the Scarlet Hawks in this one, recording another double-double of 22 points and 11 rebounds. He also had four steals and hit two three-pointers.
Stats to Know
- Foul shooting was the deciding factor in the contest. The Scarlet Hawks were just 9-of-19 (47.4%) from the charity stripe compared to 13-of-18 (72.2%) for the Raiders.
- While Tech outdid the Raiders in turnovers (12-13), the Raiders beat the Hawks on the boards 40-38.
- MSOE held the Scarlet Hawks to just 33.3% shooting.
- Illinois Tech will take on Lakeland University at home on Saturday at 4:15 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.