Feb 02, 2019
PARK FOREST, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's basketball team came up close but Dominican appeared to be too much as the Stars defeated the Scarlet Hawks, 63-57, Saturday.
How It Happened
- After Illinois Tech led 15-11 at the 14:17 mark in the first half, Dominican outscored the Scarlet Hawks 21-11 the remainder of the half to go ahead 32-26.
- Dominican shot 43% in the first half and held Illinois Tech to 25%.
- The Stars came out of the second half outscoring Illinois Tech 7-2 to go ahead 39-28.
- Illinois Tech then went on a run of their own going on a 14-2 spurt midway through the second half to go ahead 44-41 with 9:21 left in the game.
- Otis Reale gave the Scarlet Hawks their biggest lead of the night after his three-pointer to make it 49-43 with 7:17 remaining.
- Dominican fought back and made it 49-48 Illinois Tech with 5:51 to go.
- The Scarlet Hawks went on a 7-0 run to go ahead 56-48 with 3:17 left.
- The Stars clamped on defense and started making their shots the last three minutes, outscoring the Scarlet Hawks 15-1 the remainder of the game to win 63-57.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Max Hisatake recorded a double-double, scoring 14 points, grabbing 19 rebounds and blocking two shots.
- Jake Digiorgio was also a force on the glass, pulling down 15 boards.
- Otis Reale led the Scarlet Hawks in scoring as he added 15 points.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, February 6 as the Scarlet Hawks host Edgewood starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.