CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's basketball team hosted the Concordia Wisconsin Falcons on Wednesday night in the Keating Sports Center for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) contest. The Falcons (16-7, 14-4 NACC) handed Tech (12-11, 9-9 NACC) just its second home loss of 2018-19, falling 69-46.
How it Happened
- The Falcons are one of the biggest teams in the NACC, which showed early on. Concordia Wisconsin used its strength to get several easy looks early. In addition, the Falcons outrebounded Tech 11-4 early on, as CUW jumped out to a 23-16 lead.
- However, Jake Digiorgio interjected a jolt of energy into the Scarlet Hawks off the bench. The senior scored nine first-half points to lead the team as Tech crept back to tie the score at 27.
- Concordia held the Scarlet Hawks scoreless over the final 3:50 of the first half, taking a 31-27 lead into halftime.
- The Scarlet Hawk drought continued out of halftime until a Calvin Schmitz basket with just under 17:00 to play, capping a dry spell of over six minutes. CUW stretched its lead to double-digits for the first time shortly thereafter.
- Offensive woes continued for Tech throughout the second half, as the Scarlet Hawks were unable to threaten. CUW slowly built its lead as the Falcons held Tech to just 19 second-half points.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Digiorgio led the Scarlet Hawks with 13 points. He also tallied six rebounds.
- Schmitz scored eight points in 22 minutes.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks were outrebounded 39-31.
- Turnovers were near even at 13-12 in favor of CUW.
- Tech will be right back in action tomorrow night, as Wisconsin Lutheran College visits the Keating Sports Center for a NACC battle.
- Both the Scarlet Hawks at Warriors enter the contest at 9-9 in the NACC, locked into a three-way tie with Edgewood College for the final two slots in the Conference Tournament.
- Live audio, video, and stats will be available for the Valentine's Day contest, with the live audio powered by Illinois Media School.