CHICAGO, Ill. - With last night's victory over Wisconsin Lutheran College, the Illinois Tech men's basketball team (13-11, 10-9 NACC) has mathmatically clinched a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament berth.
Heading into Saturday's home senior day contest and regular season finale against Rockford University, several scenarios are still in play in terms of Tech's tournament seeding.
Conference standings and seeding implications in regards to Illinois Tech are laid out below.
NACC TOURNAMENT PICTURE
|TEAM||NACC RECORD||SATURDAY GAME|
|1. MSOE - y||15-4||MARIAN (5-14)|
|1. Concordia-Wisconsin - y||15-4||at Benedictine (10-9)|
|3. Aurora - x||11-8||at Concordia-Chicago (6-13)|
|3. Rockford - x||11-8||at Illinois Tech (10-9)|
|5. Illinois Tech - x||10-9||ROCKFORD (11-8)|
|5. Edgewood||10-9||at Wisconsin Lutheran (9-10)|
|7. Wisconsin Lutheran||9-10||EDGEWOOD (10-9)|
- "x" denotes the team has clinched a tournament berth.
- "y" denotes the team has clinched a first-round bye.
- Benedictine (10-9) is ineligible for a NACC Tournament bid.
- Lakeland (9-10) has been mathmatically eliminated from tournament contention.
Saturday Seeding Ramifications for Illinois Tech
Illinois Tech earns the tournament's fourth seed with a win over Rockford an Aurora win at Concordia-Chicago, and a Concordia-Wisconsin win at Benedictine
The Scarlet Hawks earns the tournament's fifth seed with:
- a win over Rockford, a Wisconsin Lutheran win over Edgewood, and an Aurora loss at Concordia-Chicago OR
- a win over Rockford, an Aurora win at Concordia-Chicago, and a Benedictine win over Concordia-Wisconsin OR
- a loss to Rockford and a Wisconsin Lutheran win over Edgewood
Tech earns the tournament's sixth seed with:
- a win over Rockford, an Edgewood win at Wisconsin Lutheran, and an Aurora loss at Concordia-Chicago OR
- a loss to Rockford and an Edgewood win at Wisconsin Lutheran
If the Scarlet Hawks were to earn the tournament's fourth seed, Tech would play host to the fifth-seeded team in the Keating Sports Center on Wednesday, February 20. If Tech earns the fifth- or sixth-seed in the tournament, the Scarlet Hawks will play on the road for the tournament's first round matchup.
The semifinals and conference championship game are slated for Saturday, February 23 and Sunday, February 24 at the tournament's top seed (either MSOE or Concordia-Wisconsin pending Saturday's results).