CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's soccer team picked up a huge Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory against Concordia (Wis.), 1-0, Saturday.
Despite being outshot 14-9, the Scarlet Hawks had the one shot that mattered the most and that was a goal by Luigi Michelin in the 59th minute.
How It Happened
- Connor Shaw led Illinois Tech with three shot attempts.
- Luigi Michelin recorded two shots and had a goal in the 59th minute.
- Alex Kern picked up a shutout in goal, playing all 90 minutes and recording two saves.
- The Falcons had five corner kicks compared to the Scarlet Hawks two.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Connor Shaw had three shot attempts for the Scarlet Hawks.
- Alex Kern recorded two saves in goal.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 17 as the Scarlet Hawks host Lakeland College for Senior Night starting at 7:00 p.m.