Oct 17, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team showed an impressive outing on Senior Night as the Scarlet Hawks defeated the Lakeland Muskies, 3-0, Wednesday.
How It Happened
- With the score tied 0-0, Conner Shaw scored a goal from the right side of the box from 20 yards deep to give Illinois Tech the 1-0 lead in the 35th minute.
- Senior Christopher Beluska recorded the win on senior night, starting in goal, playing the entire first half and not allowing a goal.
- Luke Holzman found Peter Fouchet in the left side of the box as he banked it home in the 61st minute.
- Peter Fouchet then found Conner Shaw for Shaw's second goal of the night in the 75th minute.
- Senior Anastasios Manolis started the second half in goal on Senior Night and did not allow a goal.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- The Illinois Tech men's soccer defense stepped up all night, not allowing a goal, a shot on goal and even a shot.
- Connor Shaw had five total shots that led the Scarlet Hawks, including three on goal and two for goals.
- Senior Santiago Bartolome recorded three shots on Senior Night.
- Illinois Tech's goalkeepers, who posted a shutout in goal.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Sunday, October 21 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Madison, Wis. to take on Edgewood College, match time scheduled for 3:30 p.m.