CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team captured the Ted Erikson Invitational Title at Ekco Pool on Saturday.
The Scarlet Hawks won the title in the four team tournament that included Lincoln College, North Central College and Manchester College.
How It Happened
- RJ Schroeders won the 1000 yard freestyle race with his time of 11:07.39.
- Sam Kalenowski was able to capture the victory for the 200 yard freestyle race after finishing at 1:54.51.
- In the 100 yard backstroke race, Julian Escasa picked up the victory after he raced at 55.62.
- Tyler Van Wagener was victorious in the 200 yard butterfly race, finishing at 2:10.17.
- Mitchell Lucky picked up the victory at the 200 yard breaststroke with his time of 2:26.45.
- Julian Escasa and Matthew Randle were the top two finishers in the 100 yard butterfly race. Escasa had a time of 54:46 and Randle finished at 56:96.
- Van Wagener won the 100 yard Individual Medley with his time of 2:04.18.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, January 12 as the Scarlet Hawks host Lewis University starting at 6 p.m.