CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team held their own as the Scarlet Hawks competed against NCAA Division II opponent Lewis in a dual meet at Ecko Pool at the Keating Sports Center on Friday.
The Flyers defeated the Scarlet Hawks, 141-53, Friday.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Tyler Van Wagener finished in second place in the 100 yard butterfly race as he raced in the time of 54.11.
- Matthew Randle was the runner-up in the 100 yard backstroke race with his time of 57.11.
- Miles Thompson put in a competitive race finishing the 500 yard freestyle in second place coming in at 5:10.27.
- Samuel Kalenowski was edged out in the 100 yard breaststroke race finishing right behind the winner with his time of 1:02.07.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Appleton, Wis. to take on Lawrence for a dual meet starting at 1:00 p.m.