GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Illinois Tech men's tennis team drove east on Saturday for two matches against Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association schools. Tech defeated Alma 6-3 before falling to Calvin 8-1, moving 8-5 on the season.
How it Happened - Alma Match
- Tech won two out of the three doubles matches. Franklin Zhong and Brody Croonquist impressed in #1 doubles with an 8-0 win. Yourself Abdo and Adam Laitinen were victorious 8-5 in #2 doubles.
- Zhong (#1), Abdo (#2), Abishek Rama (#4), and Jack Pio (#6) all were victorious in singles.
How it Happened - Cavin Match
- Calvin won all three doubles matches. Tech's top tandem of Zhong and Croonquist came close, losing 9-7.
- Abdo was the only victorious Scarlet Hawk in singles, winning 6-4, 6-4 in the number two spot.
- The Scarlet Hawks play at UW-Whitewater against Wabash and Whitewater on Saturday, March 17. The matches are set for 2:30 p.m.