LAKE GENEVA, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech men's tennis team split a pair of matches at Wisconsin-Whitewater on Saturday. The Scarlet Hawks defeated Millikin, 6-3, before falling to Wisconsin-Water, 8-1.
How It Happened - Millikin Match
- Millikin took the 2-1 lead after doubles competition after taking two out of the three matches.
- Brody Croonquist and Davis Housman won at No. 3 doubles and only lost one game against Millikin's Holden Owens and Ryan Sikora, 8-1.
- Pol de Santiago picked up the victory at No. 1 singles against Jacob Palley in a three-set tiebreaker, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3).
- Yousef Abdo won at No. 3 singles after defeating Millikin's Greg Schwoeppe in straight sets, 6-1, 6-2.
- Davis Housman secured the comeback and victory for the Scarlet Hawks, winning at No. 4 singles, 6-3, 6-1.
- Mohammed Shamel was victorious at No. 5 singles by defeating Millikin's Holden Owens, 6-2, 6-2.
- At No. 6 singles, Adam Laitinen won his match against Nick Laramee, 6-1, 6-1.
- Franklin Zhong and Pol de Santiago came up short at No. 1 doubles dropping their match 8-7 (8-6).
How It Happened - Wisconsin-Whitewater Match
- Davis Housman came back and won at No. 4 singles against Wisconsin-Whitewater's Brendan Pietila after dropping the first set 3-6, Housman won the second set 7-6, 1-0 (11-9).
- Pol de Santiago went to a three-set thriller at No. 1 singles but was unable to come away with the victory losing 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (11-9).
- Mohammed Shamel was unable to hold on at No. 5 singles after winning the first set and lost his match in a three-set tiebreaker, 6-2, 6-7, 1-0 (11-9)
- Adam Laitinen lost at No. 6 singles in a three-set thriller against Wisconsin-Whitewater's Brett Conard, 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (12-10).
- Illinois Tech returns to the tennis court Friday, February 15 as the Scarlet Hawks host Olivet Nazarene at XS Tennis starting at 6:30 p.m. CT.