Apr 05, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's tennis team showed some positive signs as the Scarlet Hawks dropped a match against the No. 1 team in the country, University of Chicago, 9-0, at XS Tennis, Thursday.
How It Happened
- Franklin Zhong was almost able to force a three-set tiebreaker at No. 3 singles but UChicago's Joshua Xu won the match, 6-4, 7-5.
- Able to win two games in the first set and four games in the second set was Pol de Santiago but UChicago's Erik Kerrigan had the upper hand and picked up the victory in the match, 6-2, 6-4.
- Nearly pulling off the opening set was Adam Laitinen who won four games in the first however UChicago's Alex Guzhva won six games in both sets to capture the match.
- Brody Croonquist and Davis Housman almost captureed the match at No. 3 doubles but Charlie Pei and Joshua Xi came out with the victory.
- Illinois Tech will travel to Wisconsin for a pair of Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference matches on Saturday, April 6. The Scarlet Hawks will face Concordia Wisconsin at 10:00 a.m. and then Wisconsin Lutheran at 2:00 p.m. CT.