Feb 25, 2017
ANDERSON, Ind. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed at Anderson University's Fred Wilt Invite on Saturday. Tech had some strong placements as well as strong improvements.
- Rayan Baig (10th place, 53.74s) and Demis Thomas (11th place, 53.95s) stood out in the 400 Meter Dash. They were also strong in the 60 Meter Dash (Thomas: 16th place, 7.55s; Baig: 18th place, 7.60s).
- Saisaketh Valluri finished 10th in the long jump with a 5.89m mark. He also placed sixth in the triple jump at 11.73m.
- In the 5000 Meter Run, Cole Dammeier placed eighth with a time of 16:10.20.
- Isaac Gewarges improved his seed time by 15-seconds in the 1000 Meter Run with a fifth place finished at 3:04.41.
- Tech is back in action on Saturday, March 4 at the UW-Stevens Point Final Qualifier.