Apr 29, 2017
VALPARAISO, Ind. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed at the Valparaiso University Crusader Open on Saturday afternoon. Tech placed eighth in the event.
- Cole Dammeier was outstanding in the 5000m run, setting a season personal-best of 16:00.74. The time was good for a fourth-place finish.
- Demis Thomas had a strong day, placing seventh in the 200m dash (23.87s) and ninth in the 100m dash with a time of 11.88s.
- In the javelin, David Foreman placed seventh at 31.71m. He also placed sixth in the discus at 34.31m.
- Saisaketh Valluri finished seventh in the long jump at 5.35m.
- Kwame Opoku also competed in the 200m dash, placing 15th at 26.67s.