Apr 20, 2018
RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed in the Concordia Chicago Cougar Invite on Friday, placing eighth with a total of 37 points.
- Brendan Batliner led the way for the Scarlet Hawks in the 200 Meter Dash, placing 17th at 23.16s for his season-best time.
- In the 400 Meter Dash, Batliner was also strong, finishing in second at 50.96s.
- Tom Doyle placed 10th in the 800 Meter Run at 2:05.93.
- Cole Dammeier (seventh place, 4:10.10) and Doyle (20th place, 4:28.44) were great in the 1500 Meter Run. Dammeier's time was eight seconds better than his seed time.
- Dammeier was also strong in the 5000 Meter Run, placing second at 16:06.76.
- Batliner, Doyle, Dammeier, and Anthony Tuman combined to finish third in the 4x400 Meter Relay with a time of 3:33.95.
- The discus may have been Tech's best event, with three athletes placing in the top 15. Barry Brookins (40.28m), Joseph Yassin (38.78m), and David Foreman (33.40m) all set season-best marks and placed fourth, sixth, and 14th respectively.
- Yassin was also great in the javelin, placing sixth at 47.20m.