Apr 28, 2018
VALPARAISO, Ind. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team traveled to Valparaiso University on Saturday to close out the season at the Crusader Open. Tech placed third with a total of 51 points.
- In the 400 Meter Dash, Brandon Batliner came in fourth place at 52.15s.
- Demis Thomas was strong in the 200 Meter Dash, placing fourth with a time of 23.34s.
- Competing in two events on the track was Austin Worley, who finished fourth in the 100 Meter Dash (12.79s) and sixth in the 200 Meter Dash (25.90s).
- Saisaketh Valluri put together one of his best meets in the long jump. He placed fourth at 6.12m.
- Tech had a strong day in throws as well. Barry Brookins led the way in discus (38.16m, fifth place), Joseph Yassin paced Tech in the hammer throw (39.83m, fifth place), and David Foreman led Tech in the javelin throw (32.36m, seventh place).
- In the 5000 Meter Run, Cole Dammeier was the fifth-place finisher (16:19.05).