KENOSHA, Wis. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team continued its strong start to 2019 on Saturday in the University of Wisconsin Parkside Ranger Relays. Tech placed fifth with a total of 51 points, two points behind fourth-place North Park.
- Robert Mathis once again dazzled, this time in the 55m, placing sixth in the field and setting the school record. He recorded a time of 6.82s. In the same event, Saisaketh Valluri (14th place, 7.07s) and Kwame Opoku (18th place, 7.22s) also finished in the top 20.
- The Scarlet Hawks were also strong in the 800m with three top six finishes: Anthony Tuman (second, 2:03.17), Alden Diaz (fourth, 2:10.14), and Cole Dammeier (sixth, 2:12.16). Dammeier also had a strong mile race, finishing in seventh place at 4:44.66.
- Barry Brookins competed in both the weight throw (sixth place, 13.09m) and shot put (seventh place, 12.47m) events.
- Tech's 4x200 relay team of Mathis, Valluri, Juan Flores-Salazar, and Worley placed second with a time of 1:42.18.
- The Scarlet Hawks will race at the Illinois Wesleyan Top Times Titan Open on Saturday, January 26.