CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team played three close sets but came up short against Marian (Wis.) Friday.
The Sabres (2-7, 2-1 NACC) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (0-7, 0-3 NACC) in three sets, 25-22, 25-23, 25-23, at the Keating Sports Center on Friday.
How It Happened
- Marian jumped out to a 9-3 lead early in the first set but then Illinois Tech looked to fight back and made it 24-22 but the Sabres got the last point.
- The Scarlet Hawks had an early 9-6 lead but the Sabres came back and took the second set.
- Illinois Tech led 10-7 midway through the third set then Marian tied it at 11. Both teams went back-and-forth for the next few points to make it tied at 19.
- Marian pulled away after being tied 19 by scoring the last six out of 10 points to win 25-23.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lukasz Kupiec led the Scarlet Hawks on the attack, picking up 18 kills while hitting .333.
- Andriy Bench recorded 11 kills for Illinois Tech.
- Michael Ganczar was a big help for the Scarlet Hawks picking up 33 assists.
- Derek Bostick had nine digs in the loss.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks host Concordia Chicago at the Keating Sports Center starting at 11:00 a.m. CT.