CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team recorded their first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory of the season with their defeat of Concordia-Chicago on Saturday.
The Scarlet Hawks (1-7, 1-3 NACC) defeated the Cougars (4-5, 0-3 NACC) in three sets, 27-25, 25-23, 25-17, at the Keating Sports Center. Tech hit a .373 as a team which was large in part for their victory.
How It Happened
- In a back-and-forth first set, both teams looking for the early 1-0 advantage, the Scarlet Hawks took the opening game, 27-25.
- Illinois Tech took the second set, 25-23, Concordia answered and tied it at 22-all after the Scarlet Hawks led 22-19 but then Tech put the Cougars away.
- The third set was all Illinois Tech which led them to sweep the match, winning the final game 25-17.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Easton Kays led the Scarlet Hawks with 10 kills and hit an outstanding .692.
- Lukasz Kupiec recorded nine kills for Tech while hitting a .333 in the match.
- Michael Ganczar was a huge help, setting the ball, picking up 25 assists.
- Evan Robeck was a force on the net, blocking seven times.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, February 20 as the Scarlet Hawks host a NACC opponent in Aurora University starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.