CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team hosted its second Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match in as many days on Saturday, taking on the 15th-ranked Stars of Dominican University. Tech was downed in straight sets.
- DU, 3 Tech 0: 21-25, 23-25, 12-25
How it Happened
- The first set was back-and-forth early on before the Starts went on a 4-0 run to take a 9-5 advantage. Tech was able to hang with the Stars for most of the set, trimming the lead to two late before Dominican six of the set's last 10.
- In set two, the Scarlet Hawks were the ones to build the lead, taking a 12-7 advantage. After the Stars went on a 4-0 run, Tech worked to build its advantage back to as high as four at 20-16. DU, however, stormed back to take a 23-22 lead and eventually hold Tech off late.
- The third set was dominated by the Stars. DU blitzed the Scarlet Hawks to a tune of a .857 hit percentage while holding Tech to just -.105%.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Bench had another productive match, leading Tech with nine kills and a .333 hit percentage.
- Michael Ganczar had 26 assists.
- Both Lukasz Kupiec (eight kills) and Evan Robeck (three kills) had two block assists.
- Tech has another difficult NACC contest awaiting, as the Scarlet Hawks will travel to Aurora University on Wednesday night for a 7:00 p.m. match.