MEQUON, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team fell in a Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference match to Concordia (Wis.), 3-0, Friday.
The Falcons (9-13, 5-10 NACC) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (6-18, 3-12 NACC), in three sets (25-15, 25-17, 25-22), at the R. John Buuck Field House in Mequon, Wisconsin Friday.
How It Happened
- Starting off being tied 2-2 in the opening set, Concordia scored the next six out of seven points, which put them ahead 8-3. The Falcons continued to build on their lead as they took the first set, 25-15, after hitting a .273.
- Trying to bounce back after dropping the first set, Illinois Tech scored the first two points of the second, Concordia had the answer right back after outscoring the Scarlet Hawks 8-1 to make it 8-3. Tech made a rally of their own making it 10-7 Concordia before the Falcons pulled away.
- Illinois Tech down to their chance in the final set, went ahead 9-6 before the Falcons called a timeout. Concordia responded with the next two points before Tech made another rally. After the Scarlet Hawks made it 16-11, the Falcons had the answer, scoring the next five points to tie the set at 16-all. Both teams went back-and-forth midway through the set and were tied 20-20. Concordia went on a 5-2 run to end the set and the match.
Scarlet Hawk Leaders
- Leading the Scarlet Hawks on the attack was Andriy Bench, who recorded 10 kills on the night.
- Right behind Bench with nine kills was Easton Kays.
- Michael Ganczar was all over the court in this match, recording 24 assists and digged out eight balls which led the team.
- Helping defend the net was Evan Robeck, who had three blocks during the match.
- Illinois Tech concludes their regular season tomorrow, Saturday, April 6 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Sheboygan, Wisconsin to take on the Lakeland Muskies starting at 1:00 p.m. CT.