PLYMOUTH, Wis. - The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team closed out the 2019 season on Saurday with a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match at Lakeland University. The Scarlet Hawks (6-18, 3-12 NACC) fell to the Muskies (12-12, 6-9 NACC) in straight sets.
- Lakeland 3, Tech 0 (20-25, 15-25, 21-25)
How it Happened
- After a 4-4 start to set one, the Muskies went on a 9-2 run. The Scarlet Hawks were able to pull to within three late (22-19), but Lakeland was able to hold on for the victory.
- In set two, it was once again a 4-4 time before the Muskies took control. This time, the hosts would not let the Hawks back in and went on to win by double-digits.
- The Scarlet Hawks led 3-1 early in the third set thanks to a kill and ace from Lukasz Kupiec in the final match of his NCAA career. Lakeland, however, would go on a mid-set run to lead by as many as six (17-11). Tech pulled to within one at 22-21 on another Kupiec ace, but the Muskies scored the set's final three points.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kupiec had six kills, two aces, four digs, and a team-high eight points in his final match as a Scarlet Hawk.