Dec 13, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team fell to Aurora on Wednesday at Keating Sports Center. The visiting Spartans defeated the Scarlet Hawks 95-38.
How it Happened
- Both teams started slow, missing shots on the first two possessions. Aurora's Adriana Ramirez and Julie Galauner quickly changed the pace of the game and led the Spartans out to a 13-1 lead. The Scarlet Hawks continued to struggle from the court and some key turnovers led to transition point for the Spartans. Aurora led 22-5 after one.
- Madison Davis and Erin Efimoff made some early baskets to begin the second quarter for the Hawks to cut into the deficit. Davis scored six points in the quarter but the Spartans, paced by Alyssa Brems and her 17 first half points, extended the lead for Aurora. Tech trailed 46-17 at halftime.
- Tech began the third quarter with more effort and Efimoff hit a couple early shots. Galauner continued to score for Aurora, however, and the Spartans kept up the defensive pressure. Ramirez and Brems also maintained a strong scoring output and the Spartans led big after three quarters.
- The Hawks competed well in the fourth but could not muster much offense. The Spartans closed out the game with a final score of 95-38
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Davis led the Hawks with nine points, two rebounds, one assist and one steal
- Shannon O'Donnell had seven points and six rebounds plus one assist
- Efimoff scored seven points, had six rebounds and added one assist
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Daytona Beach, Florida and will face St. Vincent on December 19 at 10:00 a.m. CST.