BERRIEN SPRINGS, Mich. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team traveled to Andrews University for a non-conference contest on Monday. Behind good ball security and just eight turnovers, Andrews was able to put away Tech 72-42.
How it Happened
- Andrews' best quarter was the first, as the Cardinals outscored the Scarlet Hawks 21-8.
- The Scarlet Hawks were unable to slow Andrews' offense in the second quarter as well. While the Cardinals shot just .359% from the field in the first half, the hosts attempted 39 shots compared to Tech's 25.
- Andrews continued to build its lead, outscoring the Scarlet Hawks 43-23 in the second half.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Erin Efimoff led the team with 10 points. She was 5-of-10 from the field.
- Brooke Rowan tallied nine points and secured five rebounds.
- Shannon O'Donnell had six points and a team-high 11 rebounds.
- Women's Basketball will host Alverno College on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.