CHICAGO, Ill. -- Junior Erin Efimoff recorded her first double-double of the season as she scored a team-high 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds as the Illinois Tech suffered a defeat to visiting Dominican, 66-30, Tuesday. The Stars (7-4, 3-3 NACC) built a lead early against the Scarlet Hawks (0-11, 0-7 NACC) and never looked back.
How It Happened
- Amari Stafford hardly missed behind the arc for the Stars as all her points came from that area, scoring 21 points on seven three's.
- Stafford also added five rebounds, five assists and four steals for Dominican.
- Dominican outscored Illinois Tech 11-0 after the Scarlet Hawks led 7-5 midway through the first quarter.
- The Stars took advantage of shooting 48% in the second quarter to 23-8.
- Illinois Tech came out of the second half, doing a better job on the defensive side of the ball, holding Dominican to eight points and 18% shooting.
- Dominican started the fourth quarter reversing what happened in the third quarter and found their touch.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Junior Erin Efirmoff scored 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds.
- Sophomore Shannon O'Donnell added nine points and grabbed five boards in the loss.
- Illinois Tech returns to action next Tuesday, January 8 as the Scarlet Hawks host Marian (Wis.) starting 7:00 p.m.