RIVER FOREST, Ill. -- Shannon O'Donnell recorded her third double-double of the season (10 points, 11 rebounds) but it was not enough as the Dominican Stars defeated the Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks, 64-27, Saturday.
How It Happened
- Dominican led 12-8 after the first quarter after coming back when Illinois Tech was up 6-5.
- The Stars outscored the Scarlet Hawks 15-11 in the second quarter to go up 27-19 going into the halftime break.
- The second half turned out to favor Dominican as the Stars outscored the Scarlet Hawks 37-8.
- The Stars had a 24-4 advantage in the third quarter and 13-4 in the fourth quarter.
Scarlet Hawk Leaders
- Shannon O'Donnell scored 10 points, pulled down 11 rebounds and blocked two shots.
- Erin Efimoff added six points and grabbed nine boards.
- Erin Nelson also had a big game on the glass by having nine rebounds.
- Illinois Tech returns to action and comes home to host Benedictine with game time starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.