CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech women's basketball team lost to visiting Benedictine (Ill.), 95-42, at the Keating Sports Center Wednesday, which was originally scheduled for Tuesday but got postponed to Wednesday.
How It Happened
- Benedictine outscored Illinois Tech 27-12, after shooting 57% from the field.
- The Eagles went into the halftime break leading by 30 after outscoring the Scarlet Hawks 21-6 in the second quarter.
- Benedictine came out of the break making their shots again taking a 22-9 advantage in the third period.
- The Scarlet Hawks had their biggest quarter of the night in the fourth as the team scored. 15 points.
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Erin Efimoff led Illinois Tech with 15 points and eight rebounds.
- Shannon O'Donnell reached double figures for the Scarlet Hawks again, adding 11 points.
- Erin Nelson swatted two shots which led Illinois Tech.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Milwaukee, Wis. to take on Alverno College starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.