LISLE, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's lacrosse team remained unbeaten in Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference play on Wednesday night. The Scarlet Hawks and Benedictine University Eagles combined for 29 goals on a rainy night in Lisle, with Tech previaling 18-11.
- Illinois Tech (11-1, 7-0 MWLC)
- Benedictine (5-6, 2-4 MWLC)
How it Happened
- Benedictine jumped ahead with a goal just 30 seconds into the contest, but it did not take long for the Scarlet Hawks to take control. Alyssa DeLuca scored twice before a Madison Meredith goal at the 24:17 mark put Tech on top 3-1 with 24:17 left in the half.
- After another BenU goal, a 4-0 run by the Hawks with goals from four different goals gave the team a 7-2 lead with 16 minutes remaining in the half.
- The teams traded goals until a 4-0 by the Scarlet Hawks closed out the half. Tech lead 14-6 at the intermission.
- The first 15 minutes of the second half was all BenU, as the Eagles scored five straight goals to pull within three at 14-11.
- Illinois Tech, however, ended the match on a 4-0 run of its own. Meredith scored twice in the final 13 minutes.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Meredith led Tech with six goals, three assists, and six draw controls.
- Isabella Rubin scored five goals of her own and tallied one assist.
- DeLuca scored five times.
- Isabel Fitzpatrick-Meyers and Jennifer Young each tallied a goal.
- Sarah Maciorowski led all players with five ground balls.
Stats to Know
- Illinois Tech continues to clear possession at an impressive rate. Tech was 12-of-14 on clearing attempts compared to 9-of-14 for the Eagles.
- Tech won the shots tally 34-19.
- Neither team picked up many ground balls (Tech 18, BenU 13).
- The Scarlet Hawks take a break from conference action on Saturday. The team will host its final non-conference game against the University of Dallas at 5:00 p.m. at Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats are set to be available.