MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - The Illinois Tech women's lacrosse team took on another tough conference foe, Augsburg University. Tech fell 13-2 to the Auggies, falling to 3-6 overall and 2-3 in the Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference. Augsburg improved to 5-0 in the league.
How it Happened
- In the first half, the Auggies dominated play, outscoring the Hawks 7-0 while outshooting Tech 15-7.
- To start the second half, Augusburg went on a 4-0 run to improve the lead to 11-0.
- Madison Meredith scored the first of two goals with 19:16 left in the half to put the Scarlet Hawks on the board.
- Thirteen minutes later, she tallied once more, this time off of a Shanie Scoles pass.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Meredith tallied Tech's only two goals of the day.
- Scoles had an assist, three draw controls, three ground balls, and two caused turnovers.
- Marina Eraas (three ground balls, four caused turnovers) and Mallory Tognetti (three ground balls, three caused turnovers) chipped in defensively.
Stats to Know
- Shots simply told the story, with the Auggies outshooting Tech 24-13.
- The Auggies also dominated on the daw with a 13-4 advantage.
- Tech hosts MWLC foe Monmouth on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.