ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Illinois Tech Women's Lacrosse team picked up their third consecutive victory after coming back from behind and playing stellar defense in the second half as the Scarlet Hawks defeated Eagles, 9-5.
How It Happened
- Getting on the scoreboard first was Illinois Tech, who scored within the first minute of the match as Madison Meredith found Mallory Tognetti for the goal.
- The Eagles fought back and scored three unanswered to go ahead 3-1 in the next nine minutes.
- A quick response for the Scarlet Hawks after scoring back-to-back goals to tie it up at 3.
- Northwestern-St. Paul answered right back with the final two goals of the half to go ahead 5-3 at the break.
- The second half was a completely different story as the Scarlet Hawks shutout the Eagles in the second half, 6-0.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Alyssa DeLuca led the Scarlet Hawks with four goals with six shots on goal and eight total shots.
- Tech leading scorer Shanie Scoles recorded two goals of her own, one in each half.
- A big offensive day for Mallory Tognetti who had two goals in the match.
- Defense was stellar in the second half making big time adjustments at the break, allowing only three shots all half.
- Not allowing a goal in the entire second half was Jessica Cochis, who just came in the match after the break and recorded three saves.
Stats to Know
- Both teams were even in total shots with 28.
- The Eagles had the advantage with shots on goal at 20-19.
- Northwestern-St. Paul had the lead in draw controls, 9-5.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Wisconsin-River Falls to take on the Falcons starting at 10:00 a.m. CT.