Sep 02, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team traveled to Indiana for Saturday's season-opening match at Anderson University. The Scarlet Hawks were defeated by the Ravens 5-0.
How it Happened
- The scoring started early for the Ravens, as AU's Beverly Tanner scored just 95 seconds into the match to take a 1-0 lead.
- Emily Buchman scored twice in the first half (12th minute, 37th minute) to extend AU's lead to 3-0.
- The Ravens added another goal from Emily Reed in the 39th minute to take a 4-0 advantage into halftime.
- Anderson scored once more in the second half, coming courtsey of Tanner in the 83rd minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Julia Taliana, in her first collegiate match, led the team with three shots and two shots on goal.
- Gillian Larsen also generated some chances in her first match, taking two shots and adding a shot on goal.
- Kirsten Robinson attempted the other shot on goal.
Stats to Know
- Anderson outshot the Scarlet Hawks 25-11.
- Tech led in corner kicks 5-3.
- Anderson committed 12 fouls compared to just five for the Scarlet Hawks.
- The Scarlet Hawks will open the home schedule tomorrow (Sunday) at 6:00 p.m. at Stuart Field against Trine University. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.