Sep 10, 2017
STEVENS POINT, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team opposed the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point on Sunday afternoon. Tech was defeated 3-0.
How it Happened
- UWSP tallied its first goal in the 43rd minute. Amanda Maestas scored to give the Pointers momentum heading into halftime.
- In the second half, the Scarlet Hawks stood strong defensively. Tech held down the Pointers offense until late in contest to keep the Hawks alive.
- Francesca Hamilton would ice the game for the Pointers on her own. She scored twice, notching tallies in the 85th and 88th minutes to put UWSP ahead comfortably.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Kirsten Robinson and Katie Hoefgen each attempted shots on net.
- Gillian Larsen and Erin James tallied shot attempts.
Stats to Know
- Tech was outshot 15-4.
- Elizabeth Bremer recorded three saves.
- The Scarlet Hawks led in corner kicks 7-6.
- Illinois Tech will head to North Central College on Tuesday to oppose the Cardinals. Match time is set for 7:00 p.m.