Sep 12, 2017
NAPERVILLE, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team made the short trip to North Central College in Naperville, Illinois on Tuesday evening. Tech was defeated 3-1.
How it Happened
- The first 20 minutes of the match was dominated by North Central's Alexa Dimovski. She tallied a hat trick with goals in the 11th, 17th, and 18th minutes, giving the Cardinals and early 3-0 cushion.
- Tech trailed in shots 7-2 in the first half, but managed to even things out in the second half. NCC outshot the Hawks 6-5 in the second half.
- Katie Hoefgen notched a goal for the Scarlet Hawks in the 58th minute. Kirsten Robinson delivered a corner kick, which Hoefgen pushed passed keeper Mollie Fisher.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Hoefgen scored one goal on two shot attempts.
- Robinson had the assist and led the team with three shots (one on goal).
- Julia Taliana also attempted two shots for the Scarlet Hawks.
Stats to Know
- Neither team was able to generate many corners. NCC managed just two, while Tech scored on its only attempt.
- NCC outshot the Scarlet Hawks 13-7.
- North Central committed just six fouls compared to Tech's 10.
- The Scarlet Hawks are back in action on Thursday at 4:00 p.m. at Concordia-Chicago.