Sep 27, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played host to Manchester University on Wednesday evening, winning its second consecutive match in impressive 5-1 fashion.
How it Happened
- Manchester jumped out ahead with a tally on a free kick in the 13th minute.
- It did not take the Scarlet Hawks long to respond, as Katie Hoefgen found the back of the net courtesy of an Erin James pass in the 19th minute to tie the score.
- After a ManU own goal in the 42nd minute to give Tech a 2-1 lead, the Hoefgen and James connection delivered once again just one minute and nine seconds later to extend the advantage to 3-1 heading into halftime.
- The Scarlet Hawks added to the lead in the second half, scoring on a Julia Taliana penalty kick in the 64th minute before a Gillian Larsen goal on a Hoefgen assist two minutes later.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Hoefgen scored twice and added an assist while attempting five shots.
- James recorded two assists and had one shot attempt.
- Larsen scored on her only shot attempt.
- Taliana scored on a penalty kick while leading Tech with eight shots (three on goal).
- Elizabeth Bremer earned her second career win and made seven saves.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Spartans 19-16.
- Tech out-cornered MU 8-4
- Saves were in favor of Tech 7-4.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Cleary University on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.