ST. MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team traveled to St. Mary of the Woods in Indiana on Saturday. The Scarlet Hawks secured what turned out to be an easy victory on the road with at 5-1 win.
How it Happened
- Kirsten Robinson tallied the first score for Tech with an unassisted goal about a third of the way through the first half
- The Scarlet Hawks doubled the lead near the end of the first half when Julia Taliana scored her 14th goal on the season—the second unassisted goal on the day
- St. Mary of the Woods struck early in the second half to cut the lead to 2-1 with an unassisted goal from Hannah Miller.
- In the 63rd minute, Julia Taliana countered with her second goal of the match, assisted by Katie Hoefgen, rebuilding the two-goal lead
- Brianne Dane immediately followed with a goal to put Tech up 4-1 on an assist from Erin James. Dane added on a second goal ten minutes later to make the score 5-1 and put the game out of reach.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taliana scored twice (11 and 12 on the year) on five shots on goal
- Dane scored two goals on four shots on goal
- Robinson connected on her only shot attempt of the match
- Erin James and Katie Hoefgen both added a single assist each
- Goaltender Elizabeth Bremer only saw four goals and stopped three
Stats to Know
- Shots were in favor of Tech (23-4)
- The Scarlet Hawks connected on 33% of the total shots on goal (5 of 15)
- Illinois Tech had 7 fouls, St. Mary of the Woods had 5
- Tech also led in corner kicks 3-2
- Illinois Tech will play at Stuart Field at 6:00 p.m. against Carroll on Wednesday. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.