Oct 11, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played host to Carroll University on a rainy Wednesday night at Stuart Field. Carroll, one of the region's best teams at 8-3-1 on the year, defeated Tech 3-1.
How it Happened
- Carroll struck first, with Delaney Pruitt scoring in the fifth minute on a nice pass into the box.
- The Scarlet Hawks made a couple of nice runs and had good momentum in the early portion of the first half, but shots were either saved by Carroll's Christina O'Block or just wide.
- Pruitt scored her second goal in the 20th minute off of a Carly Oboikovitz header assist.
- In the second half, Julia Taliana put the Scarlet Hawks on the board courtsey of a penalty kick in the 70th minute, her 13th goal of the season.
- Rachel Van Sulys scored for Carroll just three minutes after the Taliana penalty kick, giving the Pioneers added insurance.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taliana scored the team's lone goal on four shots (three on net)
- Brianne Dane added three shots of her own.
- Elizabeth Bremer made six saves in the defeat.
Stats to Know
- Shots were in favor of Carroll at 26-19. Pruitt (10) and Van Sulys (nine) combined for 19 of the 26 shot attempts.
- Tech committed 13 fouls compared to just five for the Pioneers
- The Scarlet Hawks moved to 5-9-1 on the season. Carroll is now 9-3-1.
- The Scarlet Hawks host North Park University, a College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin School just like Carroll, on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.