MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team traveled to future conference opponent Alverno College on Saturday afternoon for the 2017 season finale. The Scarlet Hawks dominanted from start to finish in a 9-0 win.
How it Happened
- Julia Taliana scored in the third minute to put the Scarlet Hawks on the board. In what became a recurring theme in the first half, Kirsten Robinson tallied the assist.
- Just four minutes later, Brianne Dane scored on a nice Robinson pass to set up a one-on-one chance.
- Taliana and Robinson connected once again in the 23rd minute to extend the lead to 3-0. In the 43rd minute, Robinson tallied her fourth assist in as many goals, setting up Gillian Larsen.
- To start the second half, Dane completed a hat trick with goals in the 52nd and 65th minutes. Hoefgen assisted on the first of those two goals as Tech built a 6-0 lead.
- In the 68th minute, Taliana completed her own hat trick on an unassisted goal.
- Hoefgen was key in the final two goals of the day. She scored in a one-on-one situation in the 69th minute before assisting Erin James on the team's ninth and final goal in the 78th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Robinson's four assists were the most of her career and the most by a Tech player this season. She also took four shots.
- Taliana had a hat trick on eight shots, finishing the season with a team-high 16 goals.
- Dane tallied a hat trick as well, taking six shots to do so.
- Hoefgen ended her stellar 2017 campaign with a goal and two assists on six shots.
- Larsen tallied on four shots.
- James scored on two shot attempts.
Stats to Know
- Tech dominated the shot count, winning 31-2 in the category. Nineteen of the 31 shots were on net.
- Alverno tallied 10 saves.
- Tech finished the season 8-10-1.