MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team dominated in their Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference match in a 13-1 victory against Alverno on Saturday.
The Scarlet Hawks (9-2-1, 4-1 NACC) outshot the Inferno (4-9, 0-6 NACC), 58-5, at the Alverno Field.
How It Happened
- After Alverno tied the match, 1-1 at the 11th minute, Illinois Tech outscored the Inferno 12-0 the rest of the match and three in the last 10 minutes.
- Jamie Griggs added her second, third, fourth and fifth goals of the season in the victory.
- Erin James scored her first two goals of the season.
- Kirsten Robinson recorded her first goal of the season in the 18th minute.
- Katherine Nishimoto found Julia Taliana in the 56th minute as Taliana recorded her fifth goal of the season to give Illinois Tech a double-digit lead.
- Illinois Tech goals leader Katie Hoefgen added her 14th goal of the season in the 62nd minute to give the Scarlet Hawks the 12-1 lead.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Jamie Griggs scored a hat-trick, with four goals, recorded 10 shots with seven being on goal which lead the Scarlet Hawks.
- Erin James picked up two goals.
- Despite only one goal, Katie Hoefgen recorded seven total shots.
- Goalkeeper Caitlin Kenoian posted a shutout in the second half, as Kenoian recorded three saves.
- Despite allowing one goal, Catherine Klemp had a powerful offense behind her to pickup the victory.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 10 as the Scarlet Hawks host Marian (Wis.) at Stuart Field starting at 6:00 p.m.