CHICAGO, Ill. — The Illinois Tech women's soccer team dropped a non-conference contest to the University of Chicago on Thursday.
The Maroons (13-1-1) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (13-3-1), 4-0, at Stagg Field in Chicago.
How It Happened
- Both teams were scoreless in the first half, Catherine Klemp recorded three saves in the half.
- Chicago struck first in 60th minute as Jenna McKinney knocked home her 10th goal of the season.
- Five minutes later, Hannah Watkins padded the Maroons lead to 2-0 with her ninth goal of the season.
- Maddie DeVoe made it 3-0 after recording her fourth goal of the season for Chicago.
- Nicole Willing also got on the statsheet, scoring her fourth goal of the season in the 70th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Catherine Klemp, despite giving up four goals, she recorded 11 saves.
- Julia Taliana, Anna Delseith, Katie Hoefgen all had a shot today.
- Illinois Tech returns to action in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Edgewood College to take on the Eagles starting at 1:00 p.m.