MADISON, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech women's soccer team captured a huge victory against Edgewood, 3-0, at Breese Stevens Field, Sunday. With the victory, the Scarlet Hawks clinched a first-round bye of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament which is set to take place next week. Tech is still alive for at least a share of the NACC Regular Season Title.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech did all their damage in the first half, scoring all three goals then.
- Caeli Kennedy wasted no time as five minutes into the match she found the back of the net she rebounded the ball after Julia Taliana's shot was blocked for her third goal of the season.
- Cosette Thompson recorded her third goal of the season in the 10th minute.
- Julia Honda found Jamie Griggs on the left side and Griggs shot it from 30 yards out and banked it home for her 15th goal of the season to make it 3-0.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Catherine Klemp picked up yet another shutout in goal for Illinois Tech and picked up three saves in 90 minutes of action.
- Katie Hoefgen and Cosette Thompson each led the Scarlet Hawks with four shot attempts.
- Olivia Kochanek and Caeli Kennedy both had three shots on goal which led Illinois Tech.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 24 as the Scarlet Hawks host Dominican (Ill.) for their final regular season home match of the season. If Tech wins on Wednesday, the Stars and Scarlet Hawks will have a share of the NACC Regular Season Title.