CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team came up short as the Scarlet Hawks were looking to capture at least a share of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference. Tech fell to first place and regular season title Dominican, 3-0, at Stuart Field, Wednesday.
How It Happened
- Dominican struck first in the seventh minute as Holli Cochran banked one in from outside of the box.
- The Stars expanded on their lead as once again it was Cochran again this time with a one-on-one for her 15th goal of the season.
- Dominican went into the half with a 2-0 advantage.
- The potential NACC Player of the Year, Josseline Williams scored her 23rd goal of the season in the 47th minute from right outside of the box.
- The Scarlet Hawks who normally have a high powered offense was altered by Dominican's defense, Illinois Tech was only able to have two total shots with one being on goal.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Katie Hoefgen was the only one able to get a shot on goal as Dominican's defense locked down the Scarlet Hawk attackers.
- Goalkeeper Catherine Klemp recorded two saves on the night.
- Illinois Tech awaits to see who their opponent will be in the NACC Tournament Semifinals. The NACC Tournament begins on Saturday, October 27 but with the Scarlet Hawks finishing in second place the team recieved a first-round bye. Tech will either play MSOE, Concordia Chicago, Concordia Wisconsin at Stuart Field on Tuesday, October 30 starting at 7:00 p.m.