RIVER FOREST, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech women's soccer team saw their historic season come to a close as the Scarlet Hawks came up just short against Dominican (Ill.) in the Northern Athletics Colleigate Conference Tournament Championship.
The Stars and Scarlet Hawks were scoreless after 90 minutes of play then in the 94th minute in the first overtime, Maggie McClure found Josseline Williams for a header off a free kick.
How It Happened
- Both teams were playing well defensively in the first half as the Stars had five shots and the Scarlet Hawks had two.
- Dominican goalkeeper picked up a huge save in the first half after Kirsten Robinson had a shot on goal attempt in the 33rd minute.
- The Stars came out on the second half getting more shots off including one in the 46th minute that Caitlin Kenoian saved.
- Dominican recorded 11 total shots in the second half while the Scarlet Hawks only had one.
- Kenoian picked up another huge save in the 58th minute after the shot attempt by Tania Paez.
- Both teams went into overtime scoreless.
- Josseline Williams ended the tie and the match with her header in the 94th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- The Scarlet Hawks defenders, despite allowing 19 shots they only allowed one goal.
- Caitlin Kenoian recorded the tough loss in goal, playing in 94 minutes, despite giving up a goal, picked up two saves.
- Kirsten Robinson, Erin James, Katie Hoefgen all recorded shots with Robinson's being on goal.
Season In Review
- Illinois Tech women's soccer finished the year 16-5-1 overall and 9-2 in their first full season in the NACC. The Scarlet Hawks finished in second place in the conference and runner up in the NACC Tournament.