CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving team made up significant ground on day three of the Liberal Arts Championships on Friday at Coe College. Starting the day in sixth place, the Scarlet Hawks vaulted all the way into third with 260.5 total points.
Team Scores after Day Three
- Coe 436.5
- Loras 337
- Illinois Tech 260.5
- Minnesota-Morris 256
- Nebraska Wesleyan 244
- Saint Mary 217
- Morningside 205
- Luther 198
- Simpson 149
- Mills 114
- Principia 55
Day Three Highlights
- In a very talented 100 Yard Butterfly field, Megan Burrill stood above the rest. The freshman placed first with a time of 57.80s, setting a pool record for Coe College's Natatorium.
- Kristin Wills continued her outstanding meet with an awesome 400 Yard Individual Medley performance, taking home first place in the event with a time of 4:45.84.
- Tech dominated in the 200 Yard Freestyle, with a meet-high five individuals qualifying for the finals. Katherine Lydon placed first with a time of 1:56.56, while Kiara Jasunas (fifth, 2:02.58), Claudia Flores-Berumen (sixth, 2:04.15), Delaney Shepherd (11th, 2:04.89), and Madeline Lane (16th, 2:12.58) all scored for the Scarlet Hawks.
- In the 100 Yard Backstroke, Jamie Wurster (10th, 1:03.28) and Alexandra Bajor (16th, 1:08.96) were standouts for the Scarlet Hawks.
- Christina Hiotaky scored for Tech in the 100 Yard Breaststroke, clocking in at 1:15.39 (15th place).
- To close out the evening, the 200 Yard Medley Relay team of Wurster, Hiotaky, Burrill, and Lydon placed fifth at 1:55.69.