CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's tennis team built off its strong season-opening weekend on Saturday with another impressive victory. By an 8-1 score, the Scarlet Hawks moved to 3-0 on the season by defeating the Roosevelt University Lakers at XS Tennis.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated in doubles, with Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert continuing their incredible careers with an 8-1 win.
- The freshman duo of Kylie Hance and Kaitlyn Graves were also victorious, winning 8-0 in #2 doubles.
- In singles, Colbert (#1), Hance (#2), Graves (#3), and Allyson Trang (#4) were all winners. Hance was particularly impressive, defeating Roosevelt's Kyla Eaton 6-1, 6-0.
- Tech earned victories in #3 doubles and #6 singles via forfeit. Paulina Kulyavstev/Trang and Shailee Shah were beneficiaries of those default wins.
- The Scarlet Hawks will face a tough NAIA test on Monday when the Tigers of Olivet Nazarene come to Chicago for a Labor Day matchup. Monday's match is set to begin at 10:00 a.m. at XS Tennis.