ORLANDO, Fla. - The Illinois Tech women's team has won all over the midwest this school year, but on Monday, Tech proved it can win in the southeast as well. The Scarlet Hawks (13-3) downed Colorado College (0-7) in the first match of its three-match Spring trip.
- Tech was victorious in two of the three doubles slots, starting with Weronika Halicka and Morgan Colbert in #1 (8-3).
- In #2 doubles, Mouna Chahin and Kylie Hance won 8-4 over CC's Lily Salzman and Tess Rubin.
- Halicka was dominant in #1 singles, defeating Rubin 6-1,6-2. Colbert also won in #2, inching out a tight victory over Annie Zlevor that needed a tiebreaker to decide the winner.
- Rounding out the singles wins for Tech were Kylie Hance (#4, 6-3, 7-5) and Sarah Oshana (#6, 6-4, 7-6).
- The Scarlet Hawks will take on UW-Superior tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. CT). Just like today, the match will take place at the UTSA National Center in Orlando.