KENOSHA, Wis. – On Saturday, the Illinois Tech women's track and field team competed in its first-ever Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Indoor Championships. The Scarlet Hawks placed ninth with seven total points.
- Aurora 184
- Concordia-Chicago 96
- MSOE 87
- Concordia-Wisconsin 68
- Wisconsin Lutheran 66
- Benedictine 62
- Edgewood 32
- Rockford 13
- Illinois Tech 7
- Lakeland 2
- Mminika Effiong was one of the stars of the meet for Tech. The senior placed fourth in the long jump with a 5.03m mark. She also was Tech's leader in the 55m (8.10s, 11th), and 200m (29.14s, 13th). It was one of the best days of her career.
- Erin Nelson's mile time was teriffic, as the junior placed 10th with a time of 6:10.50. She also placed 17th in the 800m at 2:57.06. Zoey Krevitz followed her in both events (16th in the mile at 6:52.49, 18th in the 800m at 2:57.45.
- Right behind Effiong in the 55m and 200m was Masha Staub, who also had an outstanding afternoon. The freshman finished 13th in the 55m (8.31s) and 15th in the 200m (29.64s).
- Alexandra Montgomery placed 17th in the 400m (1:11.77) and 18th in the 200m (30.79s).
- Tech will compete at Carthage College on Friday, March 1 at 3:00 p.m. at the Carthage College Final Qualifier.