MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team traveled north to Alverno College on Tuesday night. In the second meeting between the two teams this season, the Scarlet Hawks moved to 2-0 in those contests with a four-set win.
- Tech 3, AC 1 (25-17, 25-16, 22-25, 25-14)
How it Happened
- A 4-0 run to start the match propelled Tech to an early lead, but the Inferno rallied to take an 8-7 set one advantage. However, a 13-4 run gave the Scarlet Hawks a comfortable late lead. A Sara Hassell kill wraped up the first set.
- The Scarlet Hawks picked up the momentum in set two, opening it with a 7-1 lead and two Natalie Freund aces. Tech never trailed as a Sinjun Acuna kill wrapped up a victory.
- The third set saw Alverno show life, as it was the hosts turn to lead early. Alverno trailed only once, after an attack error gave Tech an 19-18 lead. The hosts would close the set out on a 7-3 run to force a fourth set.
- After an even early portion to the fourth set, the Hawks went on a 13-2 run to take control. The Scarlet Hawks were never in danger for the rest of the set.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taylor Burton added 10 kills and a .240 hitting percentage to go along with four block assists.
- Hassell had eight kills, 10 digs, and three block assists.
- Freund led the team with 14 assists. Her and Courtney Darling (11 assists) each had four aces.
- Courtney Curcio had 17 digs.
Stats to Know
- Tech's defense held Alverno to a -.031 hit percentage.
- Tech outdug the Inferno 61-48.
- The Scarlet Hawks had 14 aces.
- Illinois Tech's record is now 8-13.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Alma College at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.