ST. MARY'S, Ind. - After learning of a bid to the USCAA Tournament earlier in the day, the Illinois Tech women's volleyball team closed out the regular season at St. Mary's College in Indiana. The Belles defeated the Scarlet Hawks in straight sets.
- SMC 3, Tech 0 (15-25, 24-26, 22-25).
How it Happened
- St. Mary's controlled set one, pulling away thanks to a .316 hit percentage.
- In set two, the Scarlet Hawks started strong thanks to an early 6-2 run that included two Lydia Goebel kills. The Belles, however, made up ground and to a lead at 13-12. Tech would storm back to take a 24-23 lead on a Taylor Burton kill, but SMC scored the last three to take the set.
- After Tech took a 3-0 lead in set three behind two Reya Green aces, the Belles siezed control. The Scarlet Hawks attemped a late comback, but the Belles hung on for a 25-22 win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Natale Freund recorded a double-double of 24 assists and 15 digs.
- Sara Hassell led Tech with 13 kills.
- Alyssa Miner and Burton recorded eight kills each.
- Courtney Curcio (16) and Goebel (10) had double-digit digs.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association tournament as the fourth seed. Pool play will begin on Thursday, November 8. A full schedule will be available on the Illinois Tech women's volleyball schedule page tomorrow.