FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team suffered a setback against Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference opponent Marian (Wis.) Saturday.
The Sabres defeated the Scarlet Hawks in three sets (25-14, 25-20, 25-13) at Howard L. Sadoff Gymnasium in Fond Du Lac, Wis. on Saturday.
How It Happened
- Marian (Wis.) had control of the match, including taking the first set, 25-14.
- Illinois Tech fought hard in the second set, after being tied 14-14, the Sabres pulled away and took it, 25-20.
- The Sabres put the match away in the third set, going ahead 6-0 early before an Illinois Tech timeout and ended up winning 25-13.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Freshman Mia Phelps led Illinois Tech with eight kills.
- On defense, the Scarlet Hawks were led by sophomore Sinjin Acuna, who had seven digs.
- Illinois Tech recorded a .129 attack percentage in the second set.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Friday, September 28 as the Scarlet Hawks host NACC Opponent Rockford University at the Keating Sports Center starting at 7:00 p.m.